- Price Enquire now for pricing information
- Course type Distance learning course
- Duration 80 Hours, Part-time
- Qualification CACHE Level 3 Award in Supporting Teaching & Learning in Schools
- Awarded by CACHE
Tutor is available to students.
If you've always wanted to be involved in the classroom, helping children to understand how to communicate and interpret the world, here's your chance to set out on a highly-rewarding and fulfilling new career.
With a stronger current focus on higher adult to child ratios in the classroom, there is greater investment into schools across the country to help them take on more Teaching Assistants. This represents a great opportunity for those who are qualified to the right level.
What jobs could this qualification lead to?
- Teaching Assistant
- Learning Support Assistant
- Special Needs Teaching Assistant
In these roles, you could earn up to £30,000 per annum (source: reed.co.uk Salary Checker, 2014, UK Only).
When can I start?
You can enrol at any time - start today.
Are there any requirements?
A reasonable level of literacy is required as this is a Level 3 course, but there are no entry restrictions. You just need a keen interest in the subject, and will ideally have studied the subject or ancillary disciplines at a lower level if you want to progress quickly. You will need to be at least 16 years of age to study this course.
What skills will I gain?
You will learn to support teachers with the delivery of a school curriculum, while helping children and young people to develop self-esteem, independence and abilities for learning. You will also gain professional and technical skills, plus an understanding of the importance of positive relationships within a school.
This Cache Level 3 Award is divided into four units. You will need to complete all four units to complete the certification:
Communication and professional relationships with children, young people and adults
- Understand the principles of developing positive relationships with children, young people and adults
- Understand how to communicate with children, young people and adults
- Understand legislation, policies and procedures for confidentiality and sharing information, including data protection
Schools as organisations
- Know the structure of education from early years to post-compulsory education
- Understand how schools are organised in terms of roles and responsibilities
- Understand school ethos, mission, aims and values
- Know about the legislation affecting schools
- Understand the purpose of school policies and procedures
- Understand the wider context in which schools operate
Understand Child and Young Person Development
- Understand the expected pattern of development for children and young people from birth - 19 years.
- Understand the factors that influence children and young people’s development and how these affect practice.
- Understand how to monitor children and young people’s development and interventions that should take place if this is not following the expected pattern.
- Understand the importance of early intervention to support the speech, language and communication needs of children and young people.
- Understand the potential effects of transitions on children and young people’s development.
Understand How to Safeguard the Wellbeing of Children and Young People
- Understand the main legislation, guidelines, policies and procedures for safeguarding children and young people.
- Understand the importance of working in partnership with other organisations to safeguard children and young people.
- Understand the importance of ensuring children and young people’s safety and protection in the work setting.
- Understand how to respond to evidence or concerns that a child or young person has been abused or harmed.
- Understand how to respond to evidence or concerns that a child or young person has been bullied.
- Understand how to work with children and young people to support their safety and wellbeing.
- Understand the importance of e-safety for children and young people.
What support is available?
- Personal Tutor support – Throughout the course, you will have access to help from your own personal tutor. You will be able to contact them through post, email and telephone
- Student Forum – You will be able to share your information and thoughts with fellow students on the Student Forum
- Study Guide – The study guide will help you keep on track with your study. It will help you manage your study time, improve your presentation skills and increase your ability to remember facts and concepts
- Library – It will give you a collection of reference materials, links to e-journals and reading lists complied by the tutors
- Games – You will be given a collection of games to sharpen your concentration whilst you are taking time off your studies
- Free Job Interview Skills and Effective Learner courses – You will have access to these free courses to help you improve your career prospects
How will I be assessed?
Students will be assessed through the use of assignments at the end of each unit.
What should I do next? For a free consultation call a Child Care specialist Learning Consultant on 0207 980 2842 or enquire online today to request a call back.
This course is provided by Stonebridge College.
020 7980 2842
- 1. CACHE Level 2 Certificate in Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools Enquire now for pricing information
- 2. NCFE Level 3 Certificate in Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools Enquire now for pricing information
3. Teaching Assistant: CACHE Level 3 Award in Supporting Teaching & Learning in Schools (QCF) Course
Discount price: £299.99 Offer ends 31/10/2014