Finance options available, enquire now for more information
- Course type Distance learning course
- Duration 340 Hours, Part-time
- Qualification Level 2 Certificate
- Awarded by CACHE
Tutor is available to students.
If you are considering working with children and young people or are actively employed in an occupation or workforce setting, then this course is for you.
The Distance Learning Children and Young People's Workforce (QCF) course covers a diverse range of job roles within Childcare and Health and Social Care. This includes childminders, daycare workers, playgroup/nursery staff and nannies; it is also ideal for anyone moving into education (reception classes, nursery schools or primary schools) as it covers the full age range from infant up to 19 years.
This course is specifically designed for distance learning so that you can study from home in your own time and is entirely knowledge-based. It includes mandatory and optional units (some of the optional units are at Level 3 to enable learners who want to expand their knowledge and progress more quickly to engage in more challenging study). A total of 35 credits will be required to obtain the certificate.
On completion of the mandatoroy units, you will achieve a Level 2 (CACHE Accredited) certificate , listed on the Qualifications and Credit Framework (QCF) Database allocating 35 Credits (Qualification Number:500/9623/0)
The mandatory units (31 credits) are:
· Introduction to communication in health, social care or children and young people’s settings
· Introduction to equality and inclusion in health, social care or children and young people’s settings
· Introduction to personal development in health, social care or children and young people’s settings
· Child and young person development
· Contribute to the support of child and young person development
· Safeguarding the welfare of children and young people
· Contribute to children and young people’s health and safety
· Support positive children and young people’s positive behaviour
· Contribute to the support of positive environments for children and young people
· Understand partnership working in services for children and young people
· Pediatric emergency first aid
· Managing paediatric illness and injury
· Maintain and support relationships with children and young people
The optional units (4 credits) are:
· Support children and young people with disabilities and special educational needs (4 credits)
· Support children and young people’s play and leisure (3 credits)
· Support children and young people at meal and snack times (3 credits)
· Contribute to the support of children’s communication, language and literacy (2 credits)
· Contribute to the support of children’s creative development (2 credits)
· Introduction to duty of care in health, social care or children and young people’s setting (1 credit)
· Understand child and young person development (4 credits)
· Promote child and young person development (3 credits)
· Understand how to safeguard the wellbeing of children and young people (3 credits)
· Support children and young people’s health and safety (2 credits)
· Develop positive relationships with children, young people and others involved in their care (1 credit)
You do not need any prior learning knowledge or experience to take this course. This course is openly available to anyone who wishes to take part in a highly rewarding home study course, although you would be expected to have a reasonable standard of literacy.
You have the freedom to start the course at any time and continue your studies at your own pace for a period of up to 12 months from initial registration with the full support of your Tutor.
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials and you will have no contract with Reed.