- Price £549
- Course type Classroom course
- Duration 1 Day, Full-time
Tutor is available to students.
In the fast changing world of digital marketing you can either be in the leading group or a lagging follower as technology evolves and moves on.
This course will enable you to understand the vital role of digital marketing in business and the way that you can harness this channel to improve your marketing effectiveness.
Who is it for?
If you are involved with or affected by digital communication in any way and feel that you would benefit from gaining an understanding of the latest techniques available and how they can be used, then this is the course for you.
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Understand how digital marketing techniques fit with your existing strategies
- Be conversant with all the latest technologies that are available to the marketer
- Be able to choose the most appropriate medium for each of your audiences
- Know the constraints of the Data Protection Act
- Be able to construct a social media strategy
- Use the CRM tools to enhance the effectiveness of digital media
- Develop digital media metrics
What will it cover?
Digital Marketing Fundamentals
- Fit with existing strategies
- Developing your digital strategy
- Digital Marketing Defined
- The key elements of the digital offering
- The integrated approach to digital marketing
- Identifying the Prime Market Segments
- Segmentation, targeting and positioning
- Accessing the market with the appropriate media
- E-mail marketing
- Holy grail or just another tool?
- The good, the bad and the ugly
- Data Protection Act
What you need to know
- How to stay on the right side of the law
- Search Engine & Directory Marketing
- Differing search engines
- Search engine and directory liaisons
- What is search engine optimisation
- Managing agencies – what to look for/what to avoid
- What is link building
- What is search engine ranking
- Google, Yahoo, MSN/Bing
- Inhouse or agency?
- Measuring performance
- Social Media
- What are the different channels (facebook, twitter, linkedin)
- Starting out and keeping going
- Using social media to develop customer relationships
- CRM and Digital Marketing
- CRM strategy integrated with digital marketing
- Deciding on the relationship and developing it
- Viral Marketing
- Using viral marketing appropriately
- Some do’s and don’ts of viral marketing
- Digital Marketing Audit
- Using the digital check list
- Putting it right