Enquire now for pricing information
Financial optionsPayment plans available (Conditions apply) Please talk to a Learning Consultant for further information.
- Course type Distance learning course
- Duration 700 Hours, Part-time
- Qualification AAT Level 2 Certificate & Level 3 Diploma in Accounting
- Awarded by AAT
Exam is included.
Tutor is available to students.
Who is it for?
If you’re looking to kick-start a career in accounting, then this AAT Level 2 Certificate and Level 3 Diploma in Accounting is the perfect launch pad. This course is designed for students who occupy a junior finance position or are looking to get into an entry level role. Once you understand the basic principles of accounting and bookkeeping then the AAT Level 3 Diploma is the ideal next step. You don’t need prior experience of accounting to enrol on this course, this training package is for students with a desire to enter a career in accounting and progress fast.
What jobs will I qualify for?
Upon completing your AAT Level 2 Certificate in Accounting:
- Accounts Assistant
- Accounts Administrator
In these roles, you could earn up to £20,000 per annum (source: reed.co.uk Salary Checker, 2013, UK Only).
Upon completing your AAT Level 3 Diploma in Accounting:
- Accounts Clerk
- Ledger Clerk
In these roles, you could earn up to £26,000 per annum (source: reed.co.uk Salary Checker, 2013, UK Only).
This course is designed to fast-track your accounting studies by combining two courses – AAT Level 2 Certificate in Accounting and AAT Level 3 Diploma in Accounting - in one affordable package.
You will cover all the necessary units required for both levels.
When can I start?
You can enrol for this course now - start today.
Are there any requirements?
You must have a basic qualification in Mathematics or a keen interest in accounting before starting this course.
What skills will I gain?
The AAT Level 2 syllabus introduces the essential accounting skills and principles – such as double entry bookkeeping - and is suitable for those with minimal experience. By the end of the course you will have a solid understanding of manual and computerised accounts – using Sage Instant Accounts - and how to use them in a ‘real world’ setting.
Topics covered within this course include basic accounting skills, working effectively in accounts environments, basic costing and computerised accounting using Sage.
AAT Level 3 builds on the theory learnt at Level 2 by focusing on more complex accounting tasks, such as the formal preparation of accounts for sole traders and partnerships and cash management. You will also learn about professional ethics within the accounting sector.
Level 2 Certificate
- Unit 1: Basic Accounting (BA I)
- Unit 2: Basic Accounting (BA II)
- Unit 3: Basic Costing (BCCG)
- Unit 4: Working Effectively in Accounting & Finance (WEAF)
- Unit 5: Computerised Accounting (CMPA)
Level 3 Diploma
- Accounts Preparation I (AP I)
- Accounts Preparation II (AP II)
- Cash Management (CMGT)
- Costs & Revenues (CRS)
- Indirect Tax (ITX)
- Professional Ethics in Accounting & Finance (PEAF)
- Spreadsheets Software (SPSW)
What support is available?
- You will have unlimited access to Home Learning College's expert Tutors for two years after enrolling on this course
- You will be able to sit mock exams to assess your progress
- You will receive assistance with both the booking and funding of your exams
- Your first year's membership to the AAT is included in the price of this course
How will I be assessed?
In order to complete both certifications you will need to complete eight exams and four computer-based projects. These will require booking separately.
What should I do next? For a free consultation call a specialist Accounting Learning Consultant on 0207 980 2841 or enquire online today to request a call back.