reed.co.uk cookiesBack to technical help
What are cookies?
A cookie is a piece of information in the form of a very small text file that is placed on an internet user's computer. It is generated by a web page server (which is basically the computer that operates the web site) and can be used by that server whenever the user visits the site. A cookie can be thought of as an internet user's identification card, which tells a web site when the user has returned.
Cookies can't harm your computer and we don't store any personally identifiable information about you on any of our cookies.
reed.co.uk uses two types of cookies: cookies set by reed.co.uk and cookies set by third parties (i.e. other websites or services).
reed.co.uk cookies enable us to keep you signed in to your account throughout your visit and to tailor the information displayed on the site to your preferences, such as recommending jobs.
We also use third party cookies to help deliver relevant jobs, courses and advertising both on reed.co.uk and on other websites, to integrate content with social networks, such as Facebook and Google+, and to better understand how the features and functions of the site are used in order that we can improve our service.
If you would like more information about the cookies we use, as well as details on how to opt-out, please see below.
What cookies do we use on reed.co.uk?
Below is a list of the main cookies set by reed.co.uk, and what each is used for:
- Cookie namePurpose
- ReedJobSearchShowMoreOptionsIf you select 'More options' in the job search bar, this cookie remembers that you prefer to see more search options
- ReedRecentJobSearchsRemembers the last ten searches you've run on reed.co.uk and displays them on the homepage
- ReedSavedJobsRemembers any jobs you've saved when you're signed out of your account. When you sign in, the jobs are saved to your account and the cookie is deleted
- ReedHomepageSelTabIf you select a tab on the homepage (e.g. specialisms, locations, international jobs or recommended jobs) this cookie remembers your preferred tab and displays it by default on your next visit
- ReedPageSizeRemembers the number of jobs per page you selected on search results and displays this on your next visit
- Reed_ASP.NET_SessionIdRemembers your session – used to display 'back to search results' links and other session specific information
- reed.co.ukV10AuthKeeps you signed in to your account once you've signed in
- RequestVerificationToken_LW__Provides security in requests and form submissions
- ReedMobileRemembers whether you've opted in or opted out of using the reed.co.uk mobile site
- LastSearchTime and NewJobsSinceTimeUsed in conjunction to show you jobs that were added after you last used the site
- SendToResponsiveUsed to determine whether you should be sent to the responsive version of the site
- UserLastSignedInDateUsed when your session has expired to know when we've logged you in automatically
- LastEmailedSavedJobsToUsed to remember and pre-fill the email address you most recently emailed a job to
- LastSearchedLocationUsed to remember and pre-fill the most recent location you entered in a job search
Cookies set by third parties
- Cookie namePurpose
- TinyMCEAllows text to be pasted into the covering letter on job applications To reject or delete these cookies: http://tinymcesupport.com/privacy
- TwitterIf you use a 'Tweet' link on reed.co.uk to share content on twitter, twitter sets a cookie to remember that you've already shared this information. To reject or delete these cookies: http://twitter.com/privacy. Twitter tags allow us to show relevant adverts on Twitter to users that have previously visited our website. To reject these cookies: https://support.twitter.com/articles/20170405%20
- Google +If you use a '+1' link on reed.co.uk to share content on Google +, Google sets a cookie to remember that you've already shared this information. To reject or delete these cookies: http://www.google.co.uk/intl/en/policies/privacy/
- FacebookIf you use a 'like' or 'send' link on reed.co.uk to share content on Facebook, Facebook sets a cookie to remember that you've already shared this information. To reject or delete these cookies: http://www.facebook.com/about/privacy/
- FlashAdobe flash player is used to display some advertising content on reed.co.uk, and may drop flash cookies in your browser to allow the adverts to display correctly To reject or delete these cookies: http://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/security
- DoubleclickDoubleclick 'Spotlight Tags' report on the success of marketing campaigns for reed.co.uk To reject or delete these cookies: http://www.doubleclick.com/privacy/dart_adserving.aspx
- Ad serving (re-targeting) – Struq Struq cookies collect information about pages you visit on reed.co.uk and use this information to serve relevant reed.co.uk content in advertisements on other websites when you leave reed.co.uk. To reject or delete these cookies: http://www.struq.com/consumer-opt-out/
- Ad serving (re-targeting) – Criteo Criteo cookies collect information about pages you visit on reed.co.uk and use this information to serve relevant reed.co.uk content in advertisements on other websites when you leave reed.co.uk. To reject or delete these cookies: http://www.criteo.com/privacy/
- KenshooKenshoo tags report on the success of marketing campaigns for reed.co.uk. To reject these cookies: http://kenshoo.com/privacy-policy/
- SaleCycleSaleCycle cookies allow us to re-target users who have previously visited our website, and to ensure we only show adverts at a certain frequency to each user. For more information: http://www.salecycle.com/privacy-policy/
Cookies on third party sites
How can I manage my cookies on reed.co.uk?
If you wish to stop accepting cookies, you can do so through the Privacy Settings option in your browser.
Please be aware that by not accepting cookies you will not be able to use some of the key functions of reed.co.uk, including:
- Registering with reed.co.uk
- Signing in to reed.co.uk
- Applying for jobs on reed.co.uk
To delete all cookies stored by reed.co.uk for your browser, please click on the button below: